Kia Ora I'm Lawrence Watt standing for the Whau local board.
You might have seen me around the traps - walking in Green Bay or the Waitakeres, in the library, at a film, swimming at French Bay - or picking up beer cans and plastic bags at the beach.
I love living out west. I like both the outdoors and people. As we get more people and more cars though, those open spaces are even more valuable.
I grew up in Green Bay, where my parents taught locally, and have lived in the area for most of my life, now in Titirangi.
In my work I write and research about history, business, and current affairs for various media. I have been a press secretary to Prime Minister Mike Moore, communications manager for UNICEF, and produced a travelling World War I museum. Board/ management experience includes the Passchendaele Society and a large tennis club. I'm experienced at getting my views across.
With your support I would:
* Invest in cultural, sports and artistic activities for people of all ages including a swimming pool, probably at New Lynn, parks, playgrounds and libraries.
* Improve council facilities.
* Clean up harbours and waterways.
* Retain local heritage, green spaces and assets. Protect trees.
* Reduce climate change
* Improve public transport and park & ride.
* Expand walkways and cycle tracks.
* Support local business and jobs.
Please feel free to email or phone me (09 817 5536) if you have any questions about what I want to achieve.